Friday, January 6, 2012
Jan. 05 - Write About a Day Moon
The day moon beckons me home
through late afternoon traffic,
its pale form a lovely reminder
of life's delicate tenure.
As I journey past coffee shops
and generic shopping centers
I wonder, has anyone else gazed
upwards toward her celestial form?
It always amazes me how
much goes unobserved
in this busy, churning world
we have created for ourselves.
What could be more important
than taking notice of this pearlescent orb
showing her day face, more important
than taking notice of beauty.
The day moon whispers to me
to slow down and enjoy
this moment now before me -
even though I sit in traffic.
Even though I sit in traffic
this moment is my reality,
this moment is all I have, held
in my palms like a delicate orb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment