Friday, February 3, 2012
Jan. 31 - "The first time I wore ____"
The Meaning of Flowers And The Color of Love
The first time, I wore white, the color of pureness and innocence expected of a new bride. I wore my future mother-in-law's old fashioned dress, though it was too large for my small busted form. No matter how much I stuffed and pinned, I could never fit that dress. The dress was someone else's expectations of me and that will always lead to disappointment.
The second time I searched my closet for the one dress I felt pretty wearing, a simple knee length sun dress that was of no one else's choosing and fit me perfectly. With premonition, as if my soul already feared he would someday leave me to mourn the loss of his love, I wore the color of death and funerals. I wasn't superstitious and I was in love.
I will pay attention to color and fit the third time. I will wear a dress the color of faith and trust. I will carry a bouquet of peonies symbolizing a joyful marriage, violets for faithfulness, and lily of the valley for the return of happiness. I will be superstitious and look for meaning in everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment